Doug is a highly experienced marketer, with senior experience across pharma and specialist medical/surgical device firms and in service providers. For the last 24 years he has built and developed global marketing departments for CROs, CDMO’s and provided consulting services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
Doug is highly passionate about marketing and “making the complex compelling”.
As CMO at Cerba Research, Doug is responsible for the continued development of the Cerba Research Brand, internal and external communications, and all marketing activities across the organization.
Doug holds a BSC(Hons) in Applied Biology from Hatfield Polytechnic and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Chief Marketing Officer, Cerba Research, (2023 – Present)
- Vice President Commercial Development, MRN Ltd., (2020– 2023)
- Chief Marketing Officer & SVP Commercial Development, Simbec-Orion (2015 – 2020)
- Vice President Corporate Marketing, Almac Group (2013-2015)
- Head of Marketing Europe & Asia, Patheon (2013)
- Managing Director, RedBird Marketing Ltd (2010 – Present)
- Global Marketing Director, Quintiles (2000 – 2010)
- European Market Development Director, Neoprobe Corp (1997 – 2000)
- Global Senior Product Manager, Smiths Industries (1996-1997)
- UK & Export Product Manager, Sherwood Davies and Geck (1991-1996)
- Drug Registration Officer, Wyeth Laboratories (1988 – 1991)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Pfizer (1987-1988)