Mario Papillon is a healthcare thought leader with a distinguished career of more than 25 years in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and CRO industries. Since becoming CEO of Cerba research, Mario has helped build it into a leading precision medicine company.
Mario began his scientific career in the pharmaceutical environment as a Research Team Leader at Schering-Plough Research Institute following his graduation from the University of Montreal. Since then, he’s continued to build a formidable career in drug development, vaccines, and clinical operations.
“Cerba Research is a group of motivated individuals committed to improving health via diagnostics services, and doing it in a very human way.”
Mario joined Cerba Research (formerly Barc Lab) as Chief Executive Officer in 2017. Before joining Cerba Research, Mario served in various leadership positions, such as Vice President Strategic Account leader at PARAXEL where he led the financial transformation of the company for eight years. Mario was also the Lead Clinical Trials Head for Oncology at Novartis.
Mario holds a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and a Master’s degree in Pharmacology from the University of Montreal, Canada.
- Chairman, Cerba Research, (2017 – Present)
- Chief Executive Officer, Barc Global Central Laboratory, (2017 – 2020)
- Vice President Account Leader, Paraxel (2010 – 2017)
- Lead Clinical Trials Head – Oncology BU, Novartis (2010)
- Vice President, Global Operations Head, Quintiles (2006 – 2010)
- Project Management and Key Account Management, PPD (1998 – 2006)
- Project Manager, Schering-Plough Research Institute (1996 – 1998)
- Research Team Leader / Medical Research Manager, Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals (1993 – 1996)