Sofie Vandevyver has over ten years of experience in the biotech sector and is the Chief Growth Officer, responsible for marketing, communications, Customer Experience, Transformation & Integration, and all M&A activities. In 2021 she led the integration of Viroclinics DDL into the Cerba Research structure. Apart from this, she is the General Manager of the Belgium Business Unit of Cerba Research, overseeing the day-to-day operations.
After her PhD studies at Ghent University and VIB, she had a short tenure as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the VIB, after which she started her career at BARC Global Central Laboratory (which later became Cerba Research) as a Contracts & Proposals Manager. During the last nine years at Cerba Research, she has moved through various positions at the company and has had a pivotal role in the merger of BARC, Histalim, and Cerba Xpert into the current Cerba Research company as the Head of Business Operations & Marketing. Since the foundation of the existing Cerba Research structure she has filled the roles of Global Head of Integration and Transformation Officer, Business operations and in 2022 became the Chief Growth Officer and General Manager of the Belgium Business Unit of Cerba Research.
Sofie holds a Master’s Degree in Biochemistry from PIH-Kortrijk, a Master’s degree in Biotechnology, and a PhD in Biotechnology from Ghent University.
- Chief Growth Officer & General Manager Cerba Research (Belgium Business Unit) (2022 – Present)
- Global Head of Integration & Transformation Office, Business Operations, Cerba Research (2021 – 2022)
- Head of Business Operations & Marketing, Cerba Research (2018 – 2022)
- Integration & Communications Lead (2018)
- Scientific Liaison, BARC Global Central Laboratory (2017-2018)
- Scientific Contracts & Proposals Manager, BARC Global Central Laboratory (2015 – 2017)
- Contracts & Proposals Manager, BARC Global Central Laboratory (2014 – 2015)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, VIB (2014)
- PhD, Ghent University/VIB (2009 -2013)